We are pleased that you are interested in studying at our university under the Erasmus+ programme.

International Office (Akademisches Auslandsamt):
The International Office is your point of contact for all questions regarding your stay in Detmold:
·         Your application
·         Local organisation
·         Problems or questions during your stay
·         Assistance in finding accommodation
·         Issuance of certificates

Please make sure to contact the International Office after your arrival in Detmold and before your return to your home country.

You can send your application via muvac to the HfM Detmold if you are nominated by your home university. For receiving the link to the application tool please contact us. 

Deadline for applications:
The application deadline for the summer and winter semester at HfM Detmold is 1 November and 20 March, respectively. We open the application system usually one month before the deadline.

Application documents to be submitted via muvac:

  • Curriculum vitae
  • Transcript of Records
  • Learning Agreement 
  • Language certificate (at least B1 in English or German is required)
  • Video recording (The recommentadation is a video recording of at least 3 pieces/fragments/themes with a total amount of approx. 20 minutes). 

Fields of study offered by the university:
Under this link you can find the curricula to inform yourself about the study courses and ECTS offered. Please choose your field of study (e.g. "Orchesterinstrumente") and click on "Studiengangsdokumente" and "Studienpläne". There you will find the study plans of our programs which will help you to fill in the Learning Agreements. If you have any questions regarding the study plans, please contact

You have to pay the semester contribution at Detmold University of Music, which is obligatory for every student in Germany. This is not a tuition fee.  

European Health Insurance Card:
During a temporary stay in one of the 28 EU countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, this free card gives you access to medically necessary public health services – on the same terms and conditions and at the same costs (free in some countries) as those insured in the respective country. The card is issued by your statutory health insurance provider. Similar to the former Certificate of Entitlement to Benefits in Kind during a Stay in Another Member State, the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is only valid for temporary stays abroad (holidays, secondment of employees, job search, studies). It covers medically necessary treatment by doctors, dentists or at hospitals as well as necessary treatment of pre-existing or chronic medical conditions during a temporary stay abroad. The card cannot be used if you travel abroad for the express purpose of obtaining medical treatment. As before, such treatment should only be sought after approval by your health insurance provider. The card does not guarantee free treatment. Health insurance systems vary from country to country. In other countries, you may have to pay for services which are free in your home country.

Please note that the student residences in Detmold cannot provide rooms to all students. We therefore recommend that you look for accommodation in good time. More information and points of contact for finding accommodation have been compiled here under “Wohnungssuche”.  

German lessons:
Erasmus+ students may participate in the German lessons (levels A1 to B2) offered by Detmold University of Music. More information can be found here.